Wednesday, August 7, 2013

I found Schmoker's book very eye-opening.  I love the simplicity concept and hope to make that my number one goal for this year.  This may be stretching the idea a bit, but I spend so much time after school doing all the "things" I think I'm supposed to be doing, I look at the clock and realize it is late in the afternoon and I haven't even started planning for the next day yet!  I want my new focus and time spent to be on planning good "sound" lessons and "ignore the rest."  I hope my colleagues will help support me on this.  Sometimes I feel like the fox in Jim Collins' example and wish to be more like the hedgehog! 

2 comments:

  1. As you know most of our team is guilty of exactly this same behavior... Hopefully together we can trim the fat, get back to basics, and get home at a decent time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the hedgehog philosophy but can I really ignore the rest!

    ReplyDelete